Board of Directors
  • Are members of the Board are policing the neighborhood?
    Absolutely not. This is a self-policing neighborhood. If a resident sees something that needs to be
    addressed, they can contact the Board through the neighborhood website (www.crystalsprings.club)
    and the Board (or their agent) is obliged to take steps to resolve. The Board members are not meant to
    make regular rounds through the neighborhood to ensure each person is following covenants and restrictions (grass height, street parking, etc.) Each resident has the right to address issues with their neighbors and take action if they think appropriate.
  • What is the duty/responsibility/mission statement/charter/goal/charge of the Board of Directors?
    The duties of the Board of Directors are outlined in the bylaws. Generally, the Board is responsible for
    enforcing restrictions and covenants, for maintaining the common areas and recreation center, and for
    collecting dues for such purposes.

Covenants and Restrictions
  • I want the restrictions changed. How can I do that?
    Since amendment of the restrictions is not specified within the restrictions, it defaults to Indiana law.
    Per Indiana law, amending our restrictions and protective covenants would require an affirmative vote
    of 75% of lot owners. This is literally 75% of all lot owners, not simply 75% of a quorum at a meeting
    duly called for such a vote. As of this writing, there are 430 occupied homes, meaning an affirmative
    vote of 323 would be required to adopt an amendment.
  • Do I need approval to build a patio, deck, or other structure on to my house or expand my current one?
    The Covenants and Restrictions state that the all structures require approval from the HOA board. This includes patios, decks, pergolas, etc. The purpose of this rule is not to prohibit homeowners from making improvements to their homes, but to ensure that the items added/expanded are permitted by the Covenants and Restrictions, are aesthetically pleasing and do not have a negative impact on the neighborhood. The request for approval can be submitted using the form located on the "Documents" section on this website title "Structural Application". Follow the steps as outlined and the Board will review your request.
  • Can I put an inground pool on my property?
    This type of change must be approved by the HOA Board. Please go to the "Documents" tab and follow the process outlined in the "Exterior Change Application".

Neighborhood Info
  • What Township do I live it?
    Crystal Springs Subdivision is located in Utica Township. A township map for Clark County can be found at the link below:
  • Where is the polling place for our neighborhood?
    Crystal Springs Residents cast their votes at the Utica Community Building located at 106 N 4th Street Jeffersonville, IN 47130. There is a small parking lot in front of the community center, and a slightly larger one located across the street at the Town Hall. FYI- The Town Hall is also a polling place, so be sure you are going to the Community Building.
  • Who is my City Council Representative?
    Crystal Springs is in District 6 of the City of Jeffersonoville. Our current City Councilman is Scott Hawkins. Visit https://cityofjeff.net/city-council/ for more information.

Recreation Center and Pool
  • Can Homeowners from the Gardens use the pool and Rec center?
    It depends. All homes built after August 31, 2006 are automatically members of the Recreation Center and Pool and are therefore required to pay the associated fees. That goes for homes in all sections of the neighborhood, with the exception of the Gardens.
    It is possible for any homeowner in Crystal Springs, including those in the Gardens, who is not automatically a Recreation Center Member to opt into membership. Once a property has opted in to the Recreation Center membership, that membership is permanent for the property, even if the property is sold. All homes associated with recreation center membership are responsible to pay the same fees.
    To answer the question, a homeowner from the Gardens can use the pool and clubhouse IF they have opted in to membership in the Recreation Center and are paying the appropriate fees to do so.
  • How do I reserve the clubhouse?
    If you are a resident of Crystal Springs and are a member of the Clubhouse, you have the ability to request a reservation of the clubhouse. You can request the date by clicking on "Rec Center Rentals" at the bottom of the website's Home Page. You must also complete the "Rental Policies/Request/Agreement" which is located on the "Documents" page of the website. Your request will be approved after the following items are complete:
    1. You are deemed eligible for a rental by your membership to the clubhouse
    2. You have not exceeded the allowed number of reservations per year
    3. You have requested the date on the website
    4. The Rental Agreement has been completed and sent to hoa@crystalsprings.club
    5. Deposit for the rental has been paid
    After all of the above items are completed, you should get an approval email confirming your reservation.
    We hope you have a wonderful event!!